Thursday, December 4, 2008

November 27, 2008

안녕 가족! 잘 지냈어?? (Hey Family! Are you spending you time well??) I am doing pretty good here in the orient. This week was the last week of the transfer and that is always pretty exciting. Me and Elder Woodbury are staying the same but Elder Blauer transfered out and Elder Crow, my favorite missionary in the whole mission, came in. He was in my district for the 3 transfers that i was in ì‹ ê°ˆ, and im so stoked. Our house will be a blast this transfer. Other than that things are pretty much the same as always, we are still dropping investigators so we are still doing lots of contacting, haha and we are still having a hard time finding new people. It's all good though, there are some prepared peeps out there we just need to find them. I don't know if Melissa gave you that paper of Sanctification that i sent but part of my sanctification is being optimistic and it has helped so much. It's definitely hard sometimes, Sunday was one of the most frustrating days of my mission but life is so much better when it's lived through positive eyes. Haha on Sunday night me and Elder Woodbury were pretty frustrated so we sang count your many blessings and that helped a lot too. Ok before i tell you anything else about my week i have some enormous news for you!! So on tuesday night we went over to my favorite member's house and ate and he served in the states so not only does he speak amazing english, but he knows a thing or two about american food and he made us steak, which was amazing. But of course you need side dishes and so guess what he made? Yeah... Mashed potatoes. I tried my best to get out of eating them, i tried to slip them on my comp's plate while the member wasn't looking, and if he would have had a dog i probably would have given them to it but nothing worked out and i ended up eating them, a whole portion of potatoes! I was thinking about it and i don't think i have even touched potatoes for at least the last 10 years. It wasn't as bad as i though it was going to be, i didn't puke at least but it was still a little rough, haha aren't you proud of me though?? By the time i get home i will be able to stomache anything. Anyways enough about that. Oh i have some other great news about food. We got a call from our zone leaders over the weekend and they told us that we are zone is all getting together tomorrow at President and Sister Burton's house for thanksgiving dinner! We are stoked. I don't know if Sister B will be able to find turkey, i don't think they have it in Korea but whatever she cooks will be amazing. I won't be eating sea weed and rice all three meals after all. All the rice has been paying off though, i am up to 155 pounds these days, haha i don't know how i swear we don't eat anything but i think that the Lord is blessing me for my service! Mom remember when you told me that i wouldn't gain a pound out here? Before you know it i'm going to be to fat for my suits! Anyways, this has been a pretty random letter but i don't have much else to report. I have been learning a ton about patience and trials lately though. Sometimes its hard for me to understand how Heavenly Father could say in the scriptures that His work and His glory is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man when we have those days like Sunday where nothing goes right and i feel like i am on the verge of giving up. It never ceases to amaze me though that when we endure to the end of those long nights and keep going how every time, after the trial of our faith, we are blessed beyond comprehension. Missionary work truly is an emtional rollercoaster like nothing that i have ever experienced, but i think that it's at the times of your lowest lows that you learn the most and your faith really comes through. These last couple of transfers Ether 12:6 has become soo important to me and i really have gained a testimony of the fact that if we do endure the trial of our faith patiently, the Lord will always bless us with the witness, of course it will be in His own way and in His own time, but it always comes. Being a missionary is such a blessing parents! That's all i have to report for now though so i think i'm going to end but I love you and i hope you have an amazing thanksgiving. Thank you for all the prayers and support, it truly is such a powerful though to think of you praying for me. Have a good week!

사랑으로 무소 장로

No comments: